Most people criticized that Manjaro wasted to much RAM. We replaced LightDM with LXDM, special patched to have a better theme support. Of course we needed a nice Manjaro theme for LXDM. The only problem is – there are no LXDM themes available…
So I sat down last night with a cup of coffee and started coding. To have a nice login interface I wanted to add a transparent black background to the login area. This required some patching in the LXDM greeter. I am really happy with the result and I hope you like the new LXDM Manjaro theme .
Enhancements to point out
- We updated to linux 3.5-series
- MHWD got better hybrid card support and Optimus works on more card combinations. Some bugs also have been fixed.
- Our CLI-Installer got improved.
- A patched LXDM replaces LightDM with a complete new Manjaro theme.
- Syslinux got a new layout and got translated to followed languages: Argentinian, Brazilian Portuguese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Turkish.
- Followed languages we fully support now: American English, Belarusian, British English, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Deutsch, Espanol, Espanol (Argentina), Francais, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- XFCE edition get’s shipped on a DVD with more apps and printer-support out of the box.
- We added some more support to start Manjaro easier from your USB-Stick
- Development packages for AUR got added including packer and yaourt
- All translation-packages get installed during startup and our installer
- A new drivers-overlay starts our LiveDVD faster
- Small package updates to fix reported bugs
- Lot’s of bugfixes since our 0.8.0 release