ROSA team is pleased to announce a beta version of ROSA Desktop 2012 operating system. The system is ready for testing on a wide range of desktop and mobile devices.
Download ROSA Desktop 2012 Beta
The work on ROSA Desktop 2012 is coming to an end. Developers have “frozen” the main repository, performed mass rebuild of system packages to ensure their compatibility (using our own development and build system - ABF) and fixed several compatibility issues found earlier. A resulting beta version of the product is presented for testing to a wide Linux community.
New features in ROSA Desktop 2012 Beta:
- EFI/UEFI support which was included in Alpha2 as an experimental option is now integrated in the main system.
- Added "Install in basic mode" boot menu item to allow launching ROSA Desktop 2012 installer on almost any hardware.
- Added components necessary to enable hibernating.
- Added services to improve compatibility of ROSA Desktop 2012 with Windows 8.
- Improved work of services responsible for hardware detection.
- Implemented automated update of Grub2 menu when installing/removing kernels.
- New version of 2Safe.com cloud storage desktop client with redesigned user interface and lots of bug fixes.
ROSA Desktop 2012 Beta includes fixes for issues discovered in previous test versions. In particular:
- Reduced system boot time.
- Interface language of user-level applications (e.g., Firefox Internet browser) now corresponds to system-wide settings selected by user when installing the system.
- Solved issue with incorrect rendering of some fonts.
- Fixed issue with launching programs that require administrative privileges.
- Fixed issue with high power consumption on mobile devices.
To popularize original developments of the company we have prepared a video with demonstration of the next generation of ROSA brand-name applications. It familiarizes users with such features of our programs as: moving and grouping of icons (in SimpleWelcome 2.0) and support for Facebook and VK social networking services (in TimeFrame 2.0).